Wednesday 30 May 2012

A Day training in the life of a PT

So today I have a few bits and pieces going on.
Had a great seaside based boot camp this morning, another client at 12 then a further 2 later on finishing with another boot camp.....all great stuff and fantastic to be helping people reach their goals.

In terms of my own goals, well, I have taken the decision not to run the Seaford half marathon this coming Sunday. I have not taken this lightly but with my cold still lingering and a sub par performance last weekend it would be foolish to push the limits when not fully over it. In addition the course is a hilly off road circuit so the chances of a PB are minimal...........I have bigger fish to fry, another 10k on 17th June and that will be my next goal........to improve on 43 min 15.

Training wise well, its a low intensity high mileage week for me.

Yesterday was my longest run to date, 18.5 miles off road over 3 hours. Easy pace, tired legs at the end.

Today's Training:-
6 Mile off road easy run, heart rate 120 - 130BPM working on flowing freely, running softly and getting some o2 into the legs.

4 hours later and a spot of resistance work as follows:-

Super Set 1
Barbell Front Squat 40 - 50kg for 5 sets of 10 reps
Bulgarian Bag Spins 17 - 20kg for 5 sets of 10 reps each way.
Rest 60 seconds between pairings

Super Set 2
Gymnastic Ring Push Ups 12 to 15 reps
Wide Grip Chin Ups 5 - 8 reps
Rest 60 seconds between pairings

Finisher
Bulgarian Bag Spins 17kg * 5 sets of 10 each way with 30 seconds rest between each.

Drawn out Death.......Push Ups on the Bulgarian Bag - 
Perform 10 reps
Rest locked out for 15 seconds
Perform 8 reps
Rest locked out for 15 seconds
Perform 6 reps
15 seconds
4 reps
15 seconds
2 reps

Done.

I will finish off later with a few sets of kettlebells with my boot campers, swings, cleans, presses, windmills, turkish get ups are the order of the day.

Looks a lot of training but in actuality the intensity for all of this is fairly low.

12 miles off road planned for tomorrow before a rest day on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting.