Thursday 7 January 2010

Run up to BDFPA Powerlifting Qualifiers

At the end of this month looms my first powerlifting comp of the year - the British Drug Free Powerlifting Association.

I have been training very hard and sensibly these last few weeks and will be aiming for at least a 490kg total on 31st of this month which would see me qualify for the British Champs again later in the year.

Having put on a little extra weight over Xmas I need to lose 3kg, 1.5 of that will come off in the last week before the comp by cutting back on carbs, the rest needs to be burnt off!

With that in mind I had a solid kettlebell conditioning session yesterday which ended up being an experience in brutality!

This is what I did: -

5 Minute Dynamic Warm Up

Set 1 - 100 reps with 16kg kettbell
20 swings
40 snatches
20 single arm press
20 single arm cleans

Rest 2 mins

Set 2 - 100 reps 16kg kettlebell snatch (swap hands every 10 without putting the KB down at any point)

Rest 2 mins

Set 3 - 100 reps with 20kg kettlebell Dead Hang Snatch
This is performed as a snatch from a dead stop just above the floor.
20
20
20
20
20 with 60 secs rest between each

Set 4 - 100 reps with 24kg kettlebell - Single Arm Jerk
20
20
20
20
20 By the 3rd round of 20 reps I was suffering now - 60 secs rest between each

Double 16kg Kettlbell cleans
20
20
20

By this time I was almost seeing stars so finished with 40 reps of kettlebell pass around using a 20kg kettlebell.

In total, 500 reps completed in a shade under 45 minutes.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting.