Thursday 19 May 2011

Todays Kettlebell Workout

Today was the first time I have intended to do any Kettlebell Long Cycle in over 8 weeks due to a shoulder impingement injury.

All seems ok now so here goes:-

Double Kettlebell Long Cycle (Clean and Jerk) 
16kg Bells

20 reps * 3 sets (3 minutes each)
30 reps on final set in 4 minutes

Double Kettlebell Jerks Technique Work
16kg Bells

10 reps * 2 sets

Kettlebell Swings - 24kg Bell


1 min 15 = 45 reps
1 min 15 = 45 reps
1 min 15 = 45 reps all with 90 sec rest between each.


Kettlebell Windmills
16kg * 5 each side
20kg * 5 each side
24kg * 8 each side.


Tough session today, Long Cycle was good and got me puffing. More reps were there but gently does it at this stage.


Swings were tough and 1min 15 is a new work period for me, will gradually add to this. Would be good to reach 100 reps with good form in 1 set.


Windmills were getting hard mainly due to shoulder fatigue from all of the over head work earlier in the session.


Body weight this morning a trim 77kg.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Just came across this post. I've been off kettlebells and much else due to a shoulder impingment injury. Can I ask what you did to get your shoulder back on track?

    Cannot due anyhting like Tee Windmill at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martin,

    I avoided all over head work and diligently used a hockey ball for trigger point therapy on my infraspinatus, teres minor and levator scapula muscles. I would do this almost every day while stretching out my pectorals and biceps. I used Ibuprofen as and when needed and also modified my sleeping position so that my right arm was down by my side at night and not up above my head while lying on my front.

    Hope that helps

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting.