Wednesday 25 March 2009

It's been a while!

My does'nt time fly?!

I can't believe it was over 2 weeks ago since my last update, but it goes to show how easy it is to lose track of time when your mind is on other things.

Since my last update things have been a little up and down - but all in a good way.

After my Advanced Kettlebell course I admit, I was feeling somewhat beat up - physically and mentally.

I ached for most of the week after the course which meant that my planned training had to be trimmed a little to take account for my added fatigue.

In situations like this I tend to cut right back on the volume, aim for my target set and then back right off with some lighter assistance work.
The fatigue I felt was most apparent in my back, with me noticing some tightness around the lower right hand side of my back, just above the hip.

I had a week of snowboarding planned which was a welcome break from training, and yet equally tiring due to long days out on the slopes and all the effort of control needed to stay upright!

It was a great week filled with amazing scenary, fab company and truly glorious weather!

On returning back to the UK feeling well rested from my usual training it was back to it with squats planned.

The session went as follows: -
Squat
Bar*15
60kg*5
80*5
100*5
120*3
130*3
140*3
150*1
150*1
150*1
150*1
130*5

Box Squat
100*2
100*2
100*2
100*2
100*2

Swiss Ball Crunches with 5kg plate behind head.
10 reps
10 reps
10reps

Side Bends with 20kg Kettlebell
10 reps per side repeated 3 times

Bridges
1 minute * 3 sets with 60 seconds rest between each.

That was it, a very good session within which I felt very strong, despite the week on the slopes which had left me somewhat tired.

3 weeks to go until the British Championships and feeling incredibly focussed!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting.