Monday 9 March 2009

This weekend was spent on a 1 day course in London - The Optimal Life Fitness Advanced kettlebell course.

It was a great day of competition kettlebell lifts, swings, snatches, cleans, jerks and grind lifts including the windmill, 2 handed anyhow and much more.

Needless to say, after 6 hours of lifting, and two days later - i'm still sore and pretty tired - but happy.

The guys at Optimal Life Fitness are great, with outstanding knowledge and know how.

Check out their web site for the courses they provide if your interested in kettlebells and are based in the Uk.

http://www.optimallifefitness.com/

Tonight I had written in my diary to squat - and with me being away snowboarding next week, it's vital that I complete my core sessions for each of my main lifts, that being squat, deadlift and bench.

So, after a strong coffee it was down to business.

Squats with a cambered bar (helps prevent elbow, shoulder and wrist strain)
Bar*10
40kg*10
60*5
80*5
100*5
120*5
130*3
140*3
140*3
140*3

Box squat performed with speed: -

100kg*2
100kg*2
100kg*2
100kg*2
100kg*2

And that was it.

The box squats were done with a narrower stance and exploded out of the hole as fast as possible for two reps.

Got plenty of stretching to do as my lower back was pretty fatigued after this little lot.

A pleasing session, with the 140's being 80% of my 1 rep maximum.

Perfect!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting.