Thursday 5 March 2009

Hi Everyone,

Well it has been a week since I last updated and in that time it's been my competition.

I awoke on the morning of the comp and weighed in at 81.1kg first thing in the morning, which was perfect and served to give me plenty of room for difference in scales at the competition venue.

The journey there was a little stressful, after getting 5 miles into my journey and picking up a nail in my car tyre!

Thankfully I had a spare and after a quick change I was off again.

On arriving just after 8am I weighed in without issue, 81.1kg.

I was scheduled to lift in the 4th wave, which was great news as it meant I had plenty of time to rehydrate and get some food eaten.

I started off with 1 litre of carbohydrate/electrolyte replacement drink, and a banana and p-nut butter sandwich, which was shortly followed by some home made flapjack while I sat back and watched the first lifters set off.

The day went very well indeed, with me starting lifting at around 11am.

My opening squat was 145kg, followed by 160kg and finishing off with 170kg.
Each of the lifts were legal, and 170kg had been my target, so I was very happy.

About an hour later is was time for my second set of lifts of the day - the bench press.

My opener was 110kg with second lift and New Personal Best of 120kg.
My third attempt was 125kg.

Unfortunately I could not get past my sticking point which is 2" off the chest and failed this lift. Still, a personal best and target achieved saw me very pleased.

I knew that in order to qualify for the BDFPA British Championships I needed to get 490kg in total, so I needeed 200kg for the deadlift and I would be there.

I opened with 180kg which flew up, followed by 190kg.

For my third and final lift I was tempted to go for a personal best, knowing that in training I have lifted 205kg recently.

In the end I decided to play it safe and nominated 200kg which saw three white lights, a successful lift and a place in the British Championships on 18th April 2009!

To say I was over the moon was an understatement - Goal Achieved!

I had one more suprise in store and that was I was called out as 3rd place winner in the South East Region from my category.

Days just don't get much better than that!

So now I have 5 more weeks of training, staying healthy and keeping injuries at bay.

The finals can't come quick enough!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting.