Wednesday 15 June 2011

30 Minutes of Madness

Very busy day today, needed to do some form of training to keep myself sane and prime my metabolic rate.

I have been pretty sore after my deadlifting on Monday so had to keep it basic and use less weight that I wanted to.

Warm Up
Bulgarian Bag mobility work (spins, good mornings, presses, power snatches, squats, twists) 5 minutes

Kettlebell Swing TABATA
24KG Kettlebell
20 seconds work (12 reps), 10 seconds rest * 8 sets

Single Arm Kettlebell Jerk
24kg Kettlebell

10 reps each side done in 60 seconds, rest 30 seconds
Repeat for 5 sets until 100 reps done.

Bulgarian Bag Spins - 17kg Bag
10 spins each way, 30 seconds rest
Repeat for 8 sets

Job done.

Swings got heart rate up to 170 by the end of the last set. Lower back still a tad sore so had to avoid using the 28kg bell which id intended to use.

Single Arm Jerks were hard work on this work to rest ratio. Good though.

The bag spins, well these felt very "fluid" - it seems 8 sets is the new 5 sets in so much as I get minimal grip fatigue now on 8 sets and even though my pulse rate is right up there in the 170's there is still plenty more in the tank.

Great little session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting.